Sunday, January 5, 2014

Paquette's Camp Update Jan. 5th, 2014

Happy New Year,

I had hoped to have an update for Jan. 1st but winter set in with the coldest weather so far, the mornings were -40 degerees or colder and I was dealing with frozen water pipes, vehicles that would not start. I got the things at home thawed and running and then went into the local ski hill to try and get that open and had deal with frozen water there, broked snowmobiles etc. but when I drove by the local auto parts store I could see I was not the only one with issues, they had a large pile of old batterys stacked up outside where people were bringing them in to get new ones so that they could get theid vehicles running.  Ain't cold weater Great.

  We had a great Christmas season here, all the kids were here for a week, everyone dealt with the cold without complaints and we actually spent quite a bit of time outside. Everyone has gone back home now and things are getting back to normal, Sue is back to school on Mondayand I am back at the ski hill for the winter , we have had a lot of start up problems this year, but opened yeaterday and all went well.

   I am  ready to wrap up the trapping season for this winter, it has been a really slow year for fur this season and all I am doing now is burning gas for nothing right now and giving me the chance to do stupid things like putting the snowmobile thru the ice in a swampy area up to the seat in mud and water, having to walk back 3 miles and go back with the proper equiptment ot pull it out. You would think I would learn after some of the episodes last year. Guess Not!

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas and best wishes for the New Year

Lewis
Paquette`s Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment