Monday, June 10, 2013

Paquette's Camp Update June 10th 3013

The camp has been up and running for a couple of weeks now, we started out with the ice just going for the opening week. The rain started after that, the water came up 5 inches overnight and the lake was at the highest level I have ever seen it. All my docks were floating and none of them are floating docks! The water has gone down some now but now we are dealing with Black Flies in full force and they are miserable right now, but I think summer is here there was only frost 3 mornings last week.

The fishermen have been doing quite well, however the Walleye haven't bit well the last couple of days, but we are supposed to get a weather change tonight and that should get them back on track.

Projects are starting to get done around the camp, all the firewood for next winter is cut. I have been working on some roofs when the bugs don't drive me off them, a group of guys helped me jack up a shed and move it this morning, and I thank them for the help!  Tomorrow I plan to take a day off working on projects and go fishing!

It is nice to start seeing farmiliar faces again this spring and meeting new people for the first time.

Hope to see you this summer.

Lewis
Paqeutte's Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment