Friday, April 19, 2013

Paquette's Camp Update April 19th 2013

It seems like a never ending winter here, we  have had another 2 feet of snow in the last couple of weeks. It seems we have got a break this week, today we are only getting freezing rain and snow. The spring birds that have started coming back are not likley happy, the Robins will not be getting any worms any time soon and I don't think the birds are singing I think they are complaining.

 On the positive side we have been getting some firewood cut using the snowmobile and sleigh to haul it out and hope to get some more of that done this weekend. Also the water levels should be in good shape this spring, and i get a couple of extra weeks off before I can start my spring projects.

I have been using some of the extra time to help Sue's aunt and uncle with some house rennovations and will finish them next week. We also had time to go to Grand Rapids to my neice's wedding and my dad's 90th birthday last weekend. We had a great time at both, and will see much of the wedding party at the camp in July.

Once spring does break I will be busy getting things opened up, water on etc. and ready for guests. Some of the cabins will be getting new flooring  and roofing as time and weather allows, the materials are all here and waiting , hard to believe I was roofing on Easter weekend last year.

We look forward to the arrival of spring and starting to see old and new freinds again.

Lewis
Paqeutte's Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment