Saturday, April 9, 2011

Paquette's Camp update April 9th 2011

We are starting to get nicer weather here, some of the spring birds are starting ot arrive, the Eagles are back, as well as the Crows, I have even seen a Robin. With there still being 2 feet of ice and not any open water for the Eagles to fish I have been taking them fish most mornings, it doesn't take them long to learn that the sound of the snowmobile means feeding time, they are usually on their way down at the sound of it approaching. I am starting to think about spring with about 6 weeks until I will be open again, I have several projects lined up as well as the general spring opening things. It is 50 degrees f. today and makes it feel like I should be able to get out and start on some things , but realistically there is still too much snow , ice and cold to get too much done. The Walleye season is open here until April 14th and I hope to fish most evenings between now and then, there will not be a problem having enough ice to get out on until closing this year, at this time last year the ice was gone. I hope that everyone is enjoying the feel of spring in the air and I look forward to starting to see some of you soon. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment